- Includes 4 quick-release type hinges (2 on each side) that change the operation of your hood from traditional rear-hinge opening to side-hinge opening
- Kit also includes 4 pads to cushion hood corners by the center areas
- Includes 2 gas struts (one for each side) that ensure smooth and gradual operation
- Includes all hardware necessary for installation, along with helpful instructions
- Heavy-duty steel construction ensures hinges designed for your make and model will not flex or cause hood sag
- Reinforced hinge pins and guides are maintenance free and provide a long life of smooth, trouble-free operation
- CAD/CAM designed and developed with advanced engineering for precise fit and operation that’s OEM-level, not kit car
- Optional electric sliding actuators raise and lower hood half-sections automatically
- Optional remote control is available for activation away from your vehicle
- AutoLoc products have been used and endorsed by Pimp My Ride and Monster Garage, among many automotive custom shops
- AutoLoc provides technical support at no charge should difficulties arise
- AutoLoc recommends professional installation since cutting and welding are required
- Limited lifetime manufacturer warranty
Whether you’re installing a custom-designed two-piece hood or making a unique cut pattern on your original one, AutoLoc’s Split Hood Kit gives you reliable hardware to hinge both sections properly from the sides of your engine bay. You’ll get reinforced steel hinges built far sturdier than necessary to prevent any amount of flexing or misalignment of hood panels. And you’ll get reliable gas struts that work with the hinges to ensure smooth, gliding operation up to almost 180 degrees. Plus, there’s even the option to add a Power Upgrade Kit with electric sliding actuators that automatically raise and lower either section automatically. A wireless remote control is available as well.
Once both hood sections are closed, cushioning pads beneath the hold-down latches allow hood panels to be tightly secured – eliminating the annoying vibration and rattles that can damage your paint finish and metal. Floating brackets and adjustable mounting holes make it easy to align panels for a perfect fit that will remain as the miles and years roll by. Since some panel trimming and welding will be required, AutoLoc recommends professional installation of Split Hood kits. All components are warrantied by AutoLoc with a limited lifetime warranty against failures due to manufacturing defects.