- Protects your dash from sun damage, helping to stop cracking and warping
- Cuts hazardous windshield glare
- Reduces windshield haze caused by plasticizer migration
- Lowers interior temperatures
- Made of durable, color fast, non-shrinking needle punch carpet
- Soft Foss Fibre® carpet won’t fray or unravel
- Produced from 100% post-consumer recycled drink bottles
- All vent and sensor openings pre-cut (or marked depending on options)
- Airbag compatible
- Hook-and-loop fasteners included for easy, secure installation
- Custom made to fit your vehicle
- Customize your DashMat with computer-stitched logos or monogramming
- Designed in the USA
It takes only a minute to install a custom-fit DashMat . Even in temperate climates, the summer sun shining through the windshield punishes the vinyl coating of your dashboard with high-energy UV rays and extremes of heat. It doesn’t take long for the UV to degrade the plastic. The heat literally boils the liquid plasticizers out of the vinyl, making it even more brittle and likely to crack and split. Those plasticizers then condense on the inside of your , making that gummy film that’s almost impossible to remove.
Each Original DashMat is custom made. DashMat’s designers buy your specific car’s dashboard, make a custom pattern, and then make samples until they achieve a perfect fit. The Original DashMat is produced from an eco-friendly polyester fabric that’s made from melting down recycled PET soft drink bottles. If your car has vents on the top of the dash, cutouts are already in place to accommodate them. Depending on the exact fitment, any cutouts for sensors (like an A/C sensor) are either already in place or marked on the back for easy cutout. There are also precut slits in the fabric to accommodate your airbags (if any). The deploying airbag will simply peel open the DashMat, not hurtle it into your passenger’s face. In-dash speakers are NOT cut out of dash covers because the fabrics do not distort sounds. DashMat-like fabrics are often used as speaker covers by stereo component manufacturers.
Add a personal touch to your with an embroidered logo or custom-embroidered message. Stitched on the same computer-controlled embroidery machine used for garments and hats, these embellishments are a luxurious touch in complementary colors.
Your DashMat installs in your car with a couple of strips of hook-and-loop fasteners. That makes it easy to remove for cleaning, and doesn’t require any permanent modifications to your car. Just clean the dash with soap and water, and stick the tape down. If you’ve been using a slippery protectant, it might help to clean that off from under the tape with rubbing alcohol. Just peel the tape away from the dash and use rubbing alcohol to remove any leftover adhesive. Using an Original DashMat not only keeps your dash looking sharp, it protects the resale value of your vehicle as well.