- Engineered to better resist mud, sand, and grit that accumulate on brakes during off-roading
- Nominal friction coefficient of 0.45 under normal driving conditions
- Patented organic AF42/66 pad friction material features a low level of metallic compounds that reduces rotor wear by up to 50%
- Produces a low amount of brake dust
- Backing plate and side edges of brake pad are green powder coated for resistance to corrosion
- Pad surfaces have chamfered edges to reduce contact against rotor lip that forms over time and causes squealing
- Center gap allows for proper heat expansion of brake pads
- Built in noise-reducing shims
- Patented Brake-In™ red pad surface coating provides better grip during the first 100 miles after new pads are installed
- Patented Brake-In™ red pad surface coating scours off any existing glaze or heat spots from brake rotor surface for more even surface mating
- Sold as a set for two wheels
For heavier pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles, EBC offers the Greenstuff 6000 Series Truck and SUV Brake Pads to give you longer pad life, low rotor wear, and reduced brake dust. Instead of neck-breaking autobahn grip, Greenstuff 6000 pads are formulated for the unique needs of heavier trucks and sport utilities that venture off-road. Unlike factory original semi-metallic pads, these are constructed from an organic aramid compound which blends Kevlar and Twaron composites to create a harder pad surface that is extremely resistant to dirt, rocks, and sand. While that harder brake pad surface takes longer to wear down, the improved pad life will not come at the expense of . Because steel wool compounds are pared to minimum levels, you will find a new set of rotors will last through two sets of brake pads. Should you install new pads without replacing rotors, pre-chamfered pad edges will mate perfectly against the grooves and lips that normally form on the rotor surfaces, so the meat of the pad makes contact against the rotor center where it counts. These pads also feature a red top layer coating designed to scour glaze and hot spots off worn brake rotors during the break-in process. As it does that, the coating also serves to provide a higher level of grip to counteract low friction levels that exist before bedding is complete. Built-in shims ensure any high-frequency vibration is absorbed rather than transferred as squealing noise, even under the most extreme weather conditions.
In government R90 tests of replacement brake components, EBC Greenstuff pads have been shown to deliver equivalent performance, bedding, cold temperature operation, and speed sensitivity versus original manufacturer parts. patented Greenstuff brake pad material also ensures the pads are soft enough to avoid brake squeal, but not so soft that longevity becomes compromised. Built-in shims ensure any high-frequency vibration is absorbed to prevent squealing even under the most extreme weather conditions.