- Patented AF42/66 pad friction material features a low level of metallic compounds that reduces rotor wear by up to 50%
- Produces low amount of brake dust
- Backing plate and side edges of brake pad are black powder coated for resistance to corrosion
- Pad surfaces have chamfered edges to reduce contact against rotor lip that forms over time and causes squealing
- Center gap allows for proper heat expansion of brake pads
- Built in noise-reducing shims
- Patented Brake-In™ red top coating provides better grip during the first 100 miles after new pads are installed
- Patented Brake-In™ red top coating scours off any existing glaze or heat spots from brake rotor surface for more even surface mating
- Sold as a set for two wheels
EBC Ultimax OEM Replacement Brake Pads are designed to match the exact dimensions of original equipment with extremely tight tolerances to ensure proper fit, even wear, and absence of rattles and squeaks. A patented low-metallic aramid compound uses DuPont Kevlar and Twaron composites to reduce the amount of steel wool necessary, so these pads cause far less abrasive wear on rotors without compromising brake pad efficiency or longevity. In government R90 tests of replacement brake components, have shown to deliver equivalent performance, bedding, cold temperature operation, and speed sensitivity when compared to original manufacturer parts. EBC’s aramid material also ensures the pads are soft enough to avoid brake squeal, but not so soft that pad longevity becomes compromised. On some German vehicles, you may even see longer life with EBC pads than the original factory brake pads provided.
If you’re installing Ultimax OEM Replacement Brake Pads with new brake rotors, you’ll find down the road when the time comes to replace the pads again, rotors will still be usable enough to last through another set of brake pads. And if you are installing EBC pads without replacing , pre-chamfered pad edges will mate perfectly against the grooves and lips that normally form on the rotor surfaces, so the meat of the pad makes contact against the rotor center where it counts. These pads also feature a red top layer coating designed to scour glaze and hot spots off worn brake rotors during the break-in process. As it does that, the coating also serves to provide a higher level of grip to counteract low friction levels that exist before bedding is complete. Built-in shims ensure any high-frequency vibration is absorbed rather than transferred as squealing noise, even under the most extreme weather conditions.